.

"I am an Actor a Painter, a Singer, a Writer, a Dancer, a Photographer, a Sculptor, and a Designer- a total Artist. Raw Vegan foodie.
I love life- everything and everyone in it-I love unconditionally to the highest degree. Welcome."

Friday, April 30, 2010

Edible Liberation



Edible Liberation, just in time for the weekend...

The day to day grind scratches the body and frustrates the mind.
Sometimes I feel like the expectations for what we need to accomplish in life weigh on us all. What do we do for ourselves? How many of you have tried time and time again to form your schedules with a little wiggle room for naps, online shopping or facebook? I know I sure have tried. One thing that I miss here at school are those long hot luxurious coconut milk and Epsom salt scalding hot baths. But one thing that does remain true where ever I go is that I always find time to stretch, meditate and eat chocolate. Lots of Chocolate. I constantly find in my paintings the theme of liberation with finding(or creating) that true haven and balance in life. I think I have found all of things that my day lacks solidified in one bite/bar/ or truffle from Vosges Chocolates. The real test to find that one action/object/ or idea that gives you liberating satisfaction, I find, is whether or not it makes you dance. When the sweet cocoa lays against your taste buds and the opera beings to play in your mind and as the orchestra plays the subtle notes in the chocolate flavor, you dance around and can find no other way to express then to dance with both eyes shut. It is like your mind produces the aerial-view image of you twirling in a a beautiful dress laughing to the clouds. Vosges Chocolate is known for pushing the envelope of what people put into chocolate. All of the bars featured in this post are exotic in their own right.
My favorite Vosges Chocolate bars are:
Calindia Bar- Indian Green Cardamom+California walnuts+dried plums+ Venezuelan dark chocolate
Naga Bar-Sweet Indian curry+ coconut
Woolloomooloo- Roasted and salted macadamia nuts+ hemp seeds + Indonesian coconut
Black Pearl bar- Ginger+wasabi+black sesame seeds
My favorite Vosges Chocolate Truffles:
Oaxaca-guajillo and pasilla chillies+ 75% Tanzanie chocolate +organic pumpkin seeds
Viola- Milk chocolate+candied violet flower
Wink of the rabbit- Soft caramel+milk chocolate + organic New Mexican pecan