.

"I am an Actor a Painter, a Singer, a Writer, a Dancer, a Photographer, a Sculptor, and a Designer- a total Artist. Raw Vegan foodie.
I love life- everything and everyone in it-I love unconditionally to the highest degree. Welcome."

Sunday, April 11, 2010

18th weekend


My Birthday Gift from mommy... droooooling  I have the best mom on the planet

I arrived in the City Saturday morning ready to just be with the Mommy. We walked, we bought and we laughed. Oh and did I mention we ate? Well GILT was such a different kind of restaurant. The food was well prepared in our 8 course meal experience.  We started off with a refreshing crab and sweet bread appetizer courses. This was my first time ever trying sweet bread (sweet bread is pig organs and tongue). Next was the pistachio and candied olive Foie Gras with droplets of kumquat purée and then a tandoori spice Black Cod with lentil and spinach. Then we were brought our duck with a Kim chi broth and then suckling pig. The pig was very nicely prepared and served with  braised shoulder meat from the pig. For desert I received several different courses one that had beet sorbet, one with gelato and a chocolate waffle piece and then a tiramisu with happy birthday on it. I am now on the train back to school after finishing my sunday eating too much frozen yogurt,watching the Date Night movie and getting sad by the inevitable end of a great weekend with the Mom. We had so much fun. Now, back to school....