.

"I am an Actor a Painter, a Singer, a Writer, a Dancer, a Photographer, a Sculptor, and a Designer- a total Artist. Raw Vegan foodie.
I love life- everything and everyone in it-I love unconditionally to the highest degree. Welcome."

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

DISTRITO



DISTRITO


The big downstairs. So cool that you can have your lunch/dinner/ brunch in this Volkswagen bug.
Distrito is a Modern Mexican restaurant and one of 6 restaurants in Philly that is owned by Iron Chef Jose Garces. So far I can knock 2 of his restaurants off my list- 4 more to go haha.


Upstairs.



While you walk up the stairs to the top level you will not have to strain to see this immense collection of Mexican Wrestler masks or aka"nacho libre" masks..

NOW for the FOOD- my Lunch tasting menu style.







p.s: I could only take pictures of 2 out of 4 course because I end up diving into the food before I could even stop to grab the camera. You missed (the first) the shrimp Ceviche with banana chips and the dessert- Chocolate Flan and Tres Leches cake.




Simple but perfect- Water lol


Yellow Tail fish stick with a avocado and pickled cabbage.


This flat bread looks amazing tastes amazing but has a big secret, a smutty secret. CORN SMUT: no idea? see below...

Corn smut is a fungus that grows out of the corn kernel. Corn smut looks creepy, smells creepy but tastes really good. Distrito made a smut paste that makes the flat bread look black on the edges.











Enchiladasssssssssssss.







YUM,
Carter