.

"I am an Actor a Painter, a Singer, a Writer, a Dancer, a Photographer, a Sculptor, and a Designer- a total Artist. Raw Vegan foodie.
I love life- everything and everyone in it-I love unconditionally to the highest degree. Welcome."

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Painting Project

















This table has been my latest project. The table before was just a plain dark wood table. With my Mom's "ok", I took charge and sanded till my arms felt like they were about to fall off. I never do patterns and really am surprised that I had so much fun executing this table. I take my hat off to all of those artists that do patterns because they are deceivingly simple. Where I struggled? I struggled with making all of the colors work and "flow". I also struggled with having a even (or at least balanced) looking table of patterns that had a coherent blend of linear and horizontal lines. What's unexpected about this table are the back of each leg of the table. When you walk around the table the bright blue and yellow coral reefy zebra print thing that I came up with sneaks up on you. The reason I did not paint the full top of the table was because the part of the table left unpainted is actually leather haha. I will be painting two more tables just like this - but they are both less than half the size of this huge table that I did.I will keep you posted.

The greatest compliment is the fact that this table has taken a prominent place in the house and brightens every ones day.

MUAH,
Carter