.

"I am an Actor a Painter, a Singer, a Writer, a Dancer, a Photographer, a Sculptor, and a Designer- a total Artist. Raw Vegan foodie.
I love life- everything and everyone in it-I love unconditionally to the highest degree. Welcome."

Friday, June 11, 2010

Dress for success?


Typical protocol:
Why is it that when going on a job interview or a career meeting do we have to dress overly conservative? I am not saying that showing up for a meeting in your skivvies is a good idea-oh contrer. Many say that the reason is to "look more professional." Or that conservative is "safe" and the main purpose of the job interview is to - land the job. But it's hard for an eclectic fashionista such as myself to travel the conservative route on anything. Hmmmm, maybe if I add a Chanel ring like the one here? A little over the top? Maybe, but isn't that really me? What exactly am I supposed to be portraying at an interview..... who I am or some person that in reality, really isn't me? So who do I become for an upcoming interview? Someone who lands the job dressed one way only to show up for work dressed entirely different? Maybe a happy compromise - a little bit of me and a little bit conservative....so this outfit might just be my way of compromising.... So for all of you who now find yourself in a position of landing that perfect job and what to wear for the interview to land that spot I say.....be yourself.

Fashion: Purple and Blue jumpsuit and a Vintage white ruffle jacket with a belt that came with the jumpsuit. The ring, a Chanel clone that I picked up in St. Tropez, France. Shoes - Trina Turk.