.

"I am an Actor a Painter, a Singer, a Writer, a Dancer, a Photographer, a Sculptor, and a Designer- a total Artist. Raw Vegan foodie.
I love life- everything and everyone in it-I love unconditionally to the highest degree. Welcome."

Monday, June 28, 2010

Cleo and Motto

Masahura Morrimoto's restaurant-
"Morrimoto"
and the
Cleopatra Exhibition


Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto is known for his fresh take on Japanese cuisine and for being one of the few Chefs ever to beat Bobby Flay in the Iron Chef competition. The restaurant that I had the delightful pleasure to fill myself up with is Morimoto. Here, in Philly, is the first Morimoto which opened in 2001. Being a hit- Masahura opened a Morimoto in Boca Raton, FL and Chelsea NYC. Masahura has a restaurant in Tokyo called XEX and it has received a Michelin Star- you go Masahura Morimoto !
Early in the day I went to Franklin Institute's exhibition of Cleopatra. The pieces that were being shown in this exhibition were all taken straight out of the Mediterranean Ocean where Cleopatra's home of Heracleion/Canopus is located. The exhibition"s next stop is Florida. If you are in Florida I recommend checking it out. After the exhibition my stomach was grumbling and I am hardly ever in downtown Philly and I had been hoping to try Morrimoto.
At Morrimoto I could not narrow my decision down to one thing. But I have heard that Morrimoto has a divine tasting menu. hmmm... 7 courses of yummy goodness YES! I am so glad that I had the opportunity to let my grumbling tummy be in the hands of Iron Chef Masahura Morimotto.
Below are pictures of every course in first to last order. Enjoy !

Taro Tartar with chips with scallions and caviar on top, wasabi and yum yum berry from Japan.



Octopus Carpaccio in a light oil.


Lightly seared Ahi Tuna and SocEye Salmon. Greens with a carmelized onion reduction


Shrimp Tempura in a sweet and sour sauce. Very good.SO Rich...

Chilean Sea Bass with a pepper miso yummyness on the top and then the rich fish is placed in a light broth.


LOTS OF GOOD FISHHHH


Amazing. This was a cake stuffed with a luscious peach and then soaked in white tea. This cake is then topped with a peach compote caramel crisp and a white chocolate buttermilk mousse. Too Good. Then the cake is served with a peach molasses sauce.